Each year we elect a Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl. These are carefully chosen by staff members who select children that have shown consistently outstanding behaviour throughout their time at school. The Head Boy and Head Girl are automatically elected onto the School Council and they represent our school at a variety of events across the borough.
Meet the School Council
Our new School Councillors are elected early in the Autumn 2. All children are invited to apply to represent the school council, by writing a persuasive letter of application to Mr Van Hecke and presenting to their class, who then have first hand experience of the democratic voting system, when they vote anonymously for who they think will be the best councillor for their class. The successful candidates are then announced in Celebration Assembly and presented with their school council badges.
Congratulations to the successful candidates who will represent School Council 2019-20:
Year 2 Thomas and Iqbal
Year 3 Kaliyah and Zoe
Year 4 Rhianat and Eesa
Year 5 Malak and Husnain
Year 6 is Fauziyah and Yusuf A
Miss Marks organises the school council and weekly meetings are held and minutes are taken. Class weekly meetings are held by the School Councillors to discuss ideas to improve the school and our school councillors make notes of the ideas from their class to bring to the next meeting, share the upcoming work of the school council and to gather new ideas.
School council have been responsible for organising:
- Developing and selecting the final 100 activities for the Whitefield Charter
- The sale of poppies for the Poppy Appeal
- A cake sale for a children’s cancer charity
- A whole school talent show
- A Macmillan coffee morning
- Children in Need fundraising day
- Support with the Mother's Day Afternoon Tea event
School council have also been involved with:
- Recruitment for the new Deputy Headteacher
- Curriculum planning of the Whitefield Charter, where they worked to select 100 experiences that every child who comes to Whitefield will access from Nursery to Year 6
- Checking the pupil voice box for ideas and suggestions, then sharing them at the next meeting
- Collecting ideas from their classes and sharing them at the next meeting