What are Governors?
Governors are like a Board of Directors and make decisions about how the
school is run. They meet at school at least once a term. They are an integral
part of the Management structure, working closely with staff and parents to
ensure Whitefield Community Primary continues to provide the best
opportunities for learners.
Governors are appointed to help:
- Decide what is taught;
- Ensure the school delivers a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Set standards of behaviours.
School Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities:
- They can only act together;
- They cannot act individually;
- They submit a report to parents annually;
- A meeting is held at which the report is discussed.
List of Governors and Term of Office
Governor Sub-Committees List:
Governor Pecuniary Interests